Enjoy David hall, the art gallery with a small cafe and a beautiful backyard, at Fort Kochi

I love sipping a coffee or tea (the tea I got during last visit was bad) at the cafe inside David hall, reading a book, when my family is busy with the art exhibitions conducted here. It is a nice unwinding experience.  The place has a charm of it's own. Here are some facts about David hall;
David Hall is a Dutch bungalow built around 1695 by the Dutch East India Company, located on the north side of Parade Ground in Fort Kochi. It is believed that during the Dutch occupation it was used to accommodate military personnel. The hall is named after David Koder, a Jewish business man who later resided there with his family. Here are some photos captured by me, from the cafe inside using my good old Nikon Coolpix S9100 compact camera. The more I use it, the more I adore it. It will be a good idea to check about the current events, before going. 

The cafe


 Art gallery
 Book exhibition, part of Kochi Muziris biennale 2012

 Another view from the cafe
 From somewhere this bundle of energy appeared...
 Soothing.....
 Catch me if you can...




Comments

R Niranjan Das said…
Nice place. Was there last week.

http://rajniranjandas.blogspot.in
Ilove the serenity of the backyard