Sunday, December 30, 2012
Quite a lot is happening @kerala
At this time of the year, there is quite a lot to see and experience at kerala. Here are the list of those events in and around kochi, the central Kerala,
1) This is the time of the year to really enjoy the beaches of Kerala. The season continues through march / April. The time between nov to feb is ideal because the temperature will not be very high. The peak summer is from march to may, and then the monsoons start.
2) The first ever kochi biennale is happening now at fort kochi. Do not miss it. It is worth experiencing. See the earlier posts, or visit http://facebook.com/kerala2dolist for more photographs. The event details can be had from their site www.kochimuzirisbiennale.org.
3) The global village mela is on at the blogatty village, which is a stone's throw away from kochi city. I am yet to visit it. Will be providing more information after visiting the exhibition. I was told that it will end in the first week of jan. I am not very sure.
4)Llast but not the least is the kochi flower show. Kochi flower show is a couple of decades old, and happens every year without fail. This year the organisers have aligned the date of the flower show with the kerala shopping festival.
5) This is the time of the grand Kerala shopping festival, which is an annual event. This is the time to shop and stand a chance to win fabulous prizes and discounts.
If you have not planned your visit now, do it. If you are a person who love the rains, and look forward to a laid back vacation on a shoe string budget, then visiting Kerala during June, July, August, September could be an option. During this time, which is generally considered as the off season for tourism the room tariffs will be very low and can be negotiated better. Monsoon time is the ideal time for a rejuvenating Ayurvedic package. Care must be taken not to get it from unauthorised centres which can ruin your health. Avail it from reputed Ayurvedic centres.
Will come out with more soon.
- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad