While waiting for my turn...

I am at the que at the barber shoppe..for a beard cut, and a hair trim...yes, that suits better to describe me who is more evolved than my ancestors by growing an inch above my hair :-). This time I was proactive enough to  carry my samsung tab3 along with me, anticipating a weekend crowd at the barber shop. Do not mistake me, I have not made any error with this foreign language, English...I am neither at a gents beauty parlor or spa...I am deliberately at a barbershop who will trim the hair left over my almost bald head and beard for an affordable eighty rupees. Now it is my turn to sit on the one and only barber's chair..and the procedure started by spraying cold H2O over my dry face to moisturize it...then the trimming and cutting...along with the discussions about global issues like work ethics, globalization, city planning, migratory work force to kerala etc....


As soon as mine got over...it was the turn for the next person, and there were two contestants. Both were in a hurry..one to go to the mandir, and the other to the masjid.. both arguing each other in hindi which me and the barber did not understand much because of poor grasp of Hindi..and still claiming to be Indian citizens without knowing the national language of our country. Both these youngsters arguments reached the highest safety decibels...and being the eldest and the most educated in the room had to pitch in to help the barber friend by asking the purpose of going to mandir and masjid...if it is not to be considerate about your brother and sister...that cooled down one of them...and the situation was managed to the relief of my barber friend...I am sure that  both of them were deliberately dragging mandir and masjid into the negotiation process to win over the other party.....like our politicians who mix up religion and politics for political gains..


Comments