A cycling and photography trip to the banks of Periyar river

Now I have my cycle, and I must use it. Last week I decided to cycle to the banks of river Periyar which is very near my home. Since I am cycling after a long gap, still my stamina and balancing was not good, so I chose a near by destination. I made the trip in the evening to leverage the golden hour bretwwn 5.30 pm to 6.30 p.m. I carried my photography gear comprising of the good old Canon 550D, Tokina wide angle lens and the tripod. To get a better view of the setting sun and the bridge I got on to the ferry along with my cycle to goto the other side of the river. Here are some captures of the day...

Here is the Varapuzha bridge and the river Periyar during the sunset time. 


The cheranalloor side. The street lights are on. 


Here is the ferry which took me to the other side of the river Periyar. 



Comments