Stretching the Indian rupee

At last I reached my apartment in Bangalore from Kochi for just around 300 rupees, which would have cost me 4000 by flight and 1000 by bus. I took the inter city express of the Indian railways, non AC chair car, which was only rs 205. I got down at the cantonment station because it had a prepaid auto stand. This time, unfortunately the prepaid auto counter was closed. It was more of a collusion between the police man in charge and the auto drivers to loot the passengers at peak time. Went to the nearby restaurant and finished my dinner with a set dosa and coffee. Take coffee from anywhere in Bangalore, it tastes superb. The hotel guys directed me to the nearest bus stop, and from there I took a bus to sivajinagar bus stand and got another one to silkboard junction. My apartment is just five minutes walk from there. I could do all these because my backpack was packed very light. A big thank you to Mr.Warrier my student from Australia who introduced me to budget travel and to the buses

Comments